Monday, July 18, 2011

GOURMET BURGER BOOM OFFERS BIG OPPORTUNITY

GOURMET BURGER BOOM OFFERS BIG OPPORTUNITY
Jul 15, 2011 8:00 AM, By Steve Kay
Meat Matters Column

I recently visited my son in Southern California and he took me to Father’s Office, an upscale pub in Santa Monica. The place was jammed with people mostly his age (late 20s), but what hit me was the smell of great food. It seemed everyone was eating burgers, so I ordered the Office special. It was delicious. It cost $12 but I felt it was value for my money.

Millions of Americans are having a similar experience. The gourmet/specialty burger business is booming. Relatively new chains such as Five Guys Burgers and Fries, independent eateries and even white-tablecloth restaurants are using high-quality patties with exotic additions to create upscale sandwiches.
(VIEW FULL STORY HERE)

No comments:

Post a Comment